3D animated film about the D-Day beach landings that uses a new hybrid technique to achieve a hand painted look.
Animation, Design, Compositing, Editing: Samuel Chovan
Music: Sam Oz
points - Details)
Some experts say that Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are just a scam; others say they’re “the most important invention since the internet.” It’s hard to tell who’s right.
Authored by Silicon Valley leaders from Google, Microsoft, and Facebook, Bubble or Revolution cuts through the hype to offer a balanced, comprehensive, and accessible analysis of blockchains and cryptocurrencies.
You’ll learn the core concepts of Bitcoin and blockchain technologies to understand their strengths and weaknesses from real-world case studies; dive deep into their technical, economic, political, and legal complexities; and gain insights about their future from exclusive interviews with dozens of tech industry leaders.
Are blockchains and cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin a bubble or a revolution? We’ll help you decide for yourself.
Bitcoin and the blockchain
- How Bitcoin and blockchains work from a technical perspective with no assumed technical knowledge
- Satoshi Nakamoto and the history of Bitcoin, the original blockchain
- A thorough overview of crucial crypto concepts (eg. blocks, keys, mining, nodes, etc.)
- Frameworks for understanding when it actually makes sense to use blockchain
- Major application scenarios for blockchain and cryptocurrencies and where it’ll fall flat
Public blockchains and altcoins
- Emerging trends in blockchain technology
- What you should know before buying any cryptocurrency
- An overview of Etherum and smart contracts
- An overview of the strengths and weaknesses of the top altcoins and stable coins, including Monero (XMR), Tether (USDT), and Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Alternatives to blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- New kinds of decentralized ledger technology (DLT)
- The economics of both traditional payment methods and cryptocurrencies
- Cryptocurrency security best practices and major breach case studies
- How blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and traditional banking and finance will interact with one another in the future
- Public blockchains vs private blockchains
- Limitations and shortcomings of public blockchains and cryptocurrencies
- The role of blockchain in the strategy of top tech companies like Facebook and Microsoft
- Case studies of how non-tech companies are effectively utilizing blockchain (eg. Walmart using it to prevent foodborne illness)
- Business blockchain case studies ranging from gaming (e.g. Xbox) to cloud services (e.g. Microsoft Azure’s blockchain-as-a-service and Amazon’s AWS offering)
- Blockchain’s use for big data, internet of things (IoT), and machine learning (ML)
Cryptocurrency regulation and policy
- ICOs vs STOs vs IPOs
- KYC and AML laws
- The debate over whether cryptocurrencies are securities
- The official stance of various countries on crypto
- An overview of crypto policy and regulatory hurdles
- The role of crypto in emerging markets and China
- Digital democracy and voting on the blockchain
The future of decentralized technology
- If, how, and when the tokenization of national currencies will play out
- Facebook and WhatsApp’s upcoming cryptocurrencies
- Currency tokenization and China’s efforts to tokenize the yuan
- Blockchain, IoT, and the tangle
- Cryptocurrencies vs. fiat vs. the gold standard
- Predictions about the future of money, business, and currency
- Why blockchains would do better on Mars than Earth
Song credit goes to Christina Perri – A Thousand Years. (All rights reserved to the WMG)
“Tim and Audrey would like to thank all of you for the best wishes. Keep safe and have a very merry Christmas.”
For the first time, we got to shoot a proposal and it was real fun. It was a covert mission (ok la..more like a paparazzi mission). We went to venue a day before to scout the place, discuss how to hide those cameras and look at how to be invisible.
On that day, we were all dressed in black. Talked using walkies. Used wine bottles, glasses, cutleries, vases and flowers as cover. We sat around the restaurant as guests but with our cameras on. And yes, we achieved total invisibility. Audrey walked into the restaurant, sat with her friends and never noticed us.
Not until the prime time when Tim revealed himself with meme place cards that was part of his proposal. That was when all the cameras (all 4 in total) started rolling.
In Audrey own words 🙂
“Even scarier, there was another cameraman hiding behind me the whole time in the corner recording us eating!! Super not aware of my surroundings lo I sure become a victim of crime wan cos people will just sneak up on me and rape/rob/stab/kidnap me easily.”
Don’t worry Audrey, it was just SK with his tame camera. Not too worry.
It was a very romantic, genuine and touching proposal. Congrats to Tim and Audrey.
Tim’s blog – http://timothytiah.com/2011/12/21/video-of-our-meme-proposal
Audrey’s blog – http://fourfeetnine.com/2011/12/11/the-proposal
You can also follow Tim and Audrey on Twitter – @timothytiah (http://twitter.com/timothytiah) @fourfeetnineaud (http://twitter.com/fourfeetnineaud)
– Top 3 of The Most Heartfelt Wedding News Of 2011 by Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/24/wedding-stories-the-most-heartfelt_n_1164122.html#s564453&title=Meme_Proposal_Goes)
More of the Meme Proposal on news and wedding portals!
– MSNBC (http://digitallife.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/22/9632821-man-proposes-using-internet-meme-flashcards)
– CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504784_162-57347182-10391705/memorable-wedding-proposal-using-internet-memes)
– Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/12/22/meme-filled-marriage-proposal-video_n_1164674.html)
– PC World (http://www.pcworld.com/article/246888/guy_proposes_to_girlfriend_with_memes_geek_girls_green_with_envy.html)
– Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/5870282/this-guy-proposed-to-his-girlfriend-with-internet-memes)
– Mashable (http://mashable.com/2011/12/22/marriage-proposal-internet-memes)
– Associated Press (http://news.yahoo.com/malaysia-proposal-video-wins-hearts-worldwide-015903552.html)
– Wedding Guide Asia (http://www.weddingguideasia.com/2011/12/the-best-of-2011)
– MSN Malaysia (http://video.malaysia.msn.com/watch/video/internet-memes-wedding-proposal-goes-viral-nuffnang-founder-proposes-to-gf/1nobs2whn?from)
– Yahoo Taiwan (http://tw.nextmedia.com/applenews/article/art_id/33924568/IssueID/20111230)
points - Details)
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER!
The women of the Bible lived timeless stories—by examining them, we can understand what it means to be a woman of faith.
People unfamiliar with Scripture often assume that women play a small, secondary role in the Bible. But in fact, they were central figures in numerous Biblical tales. It was Queen Esther’s bravery at a vital point in history which saved her entire people. The Bible contains warriors like Jael, judges like Deborah, and prophets like Miriam. The first person to witness Jesus’ resurrection was Mary Magdalene, who promptly became the first Christian evangelist, eager to share the news which would change the world forever.
In The Women of the Bible Speak, Fox News Channel’s Shannon Bream opens up the lives of sixteen of these Biblical women, arranging them into pairs and contrasting their journeys. In pairing their stories, Shannon helps us reflect not only on the meaning of each individual’s life, but on how they relate to each other and to us.
From the shepherdesses of ancient Israel who helped raise the future leaders of the people of God, to the courageous early Christians, the narrative of the Bible offers us many vivid and fascinating female characters. In their lives we can see common struggles to resist bitterness, despair, and pride, and to instead find their true selves in faith, hope, and love. In studying these heroes of the faith, we can find wisdom and warnings for how to better navigate our own faith journeys.
The Women of the Bible Speak outlines the lessons we can take from the valor of Esther, the hope of Hannah, the audacity of Rahab, and the faith of Mary. In broadening each woman’s individual story, Shannon offers us a deeper understanding of each, and wisdom and insights that can transform our own lives today.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to use the new integrated ProEXR 2.5 Plugin inside of Adobe After Effects 2020. Thanks to this new integration you don’t have to install anything to work conveniently with EXRs and Cryptomatte anymore.
You will learn how to use the EXtractorR effect to shuffle out layers from multi-channel EXRs and how to automatically build pre-comped layer-stacks from your EXRs. Also, you will see how to use Cryptomatte files inside of Adobe After Effects 2020 and pull masks from different Cryptomatte layers.
Helge Maus teaches 3D- & VFX Applications for over 20 years. His focus lies on VFX, but he also works with many studios and agencies from different visualization areas.
Houdini / NUKE Cryptomatte Introduction
If you have questions or topics, which should be added, please let us know.
If you want to support Helge Maus for publishing more free tutorials you could join his Patreons:
Find more information on pixeltrain.de
$19.98 - $12.59
(as of May 18,2021 14:57:34 UTC – Details)
A Digital Copy is a digital version of the full-length movie that you get when you own specially-marked Blu-ray/DVD discs bearing the “Digital” logo. Owning the digital version of the movie extends your enjoyment because it enables you to download or stream your movie to a computer, mobile device, internet-connected TV, Blu-ray player, or set-top box.
DVD’s available at: http://tripledividefilm.org/donate/
[ATTENTION: a $9.99 donation provides one digital download of the film, which can be saved to any device and be used indefinitely (file is 1GB or 8GB). In other words, this is your personal copy. The 48hr rental offers streaming on the internet once the play button is actuated. Also, if you pay for a rental or download and want a DVD we will prorate the DVD if you send your Vimeo receipt to email@example.com.]
“It’s hard to imagine anyone could have a fully-informed opinion about fracking without seeing Triple Divide,” said Jed Thorp, Conservation Manager at the Sierra Club, Ohio Chapter. “The filmmakers use cold hard facts and first-hand accounts to show how this industry is impacting real people.”
Actor Mark Ruffalo co-narrates this 18-month cradle-to-grave fracking investigation by Public Herald, an investigative news nonprofit co-founded by journalists Joshua Pribanic and Melissa Troutman. Triple Divide features never before seen interviews with industry giants and advocates, exclusive reports with impacted landowners, uncovered state documents, and expert testimonies.
It’s title represents one of only four Triple Continental Divides in North America, a place that provides drinking water to millions of Americans, signaling to the audience that everything, and everyone, is downstream from shale gas extraction. Donate now to watch Triple Divide.
ALERT: SOME USERS ARE HAVING PROBLEMS MAKING A PAYMENT W/ CHROME. PLEASE TRY SAFARI OR FIREFOX IF YOU’RE EXPERIENCING ISSUES.
If you have problems please contact Vimeo: vimeo.com/help/contact
For more information visit http://tripledividefilm.org/
(as of May 18,2021 14:57:34 UTC – Details)
Long Wooden Spoons, salad spoon,cooking spoon, soup spoons, Simple and plain, 28 cm Length, natural wood color .
Perfect for Soup Cooking Tool Stirrer Mixing Eating Kitchen Tools Utensils. Great for hiking, mountain hiking, camping, lake fishing
safe to use on cups, dishes and bowls, will not scratch surfaces. it may not frostbite or scald your hands,no matter how cold or hot the water is.
easy to clean and reusable Safe for non-stick surfaces, safe, healthier, eco-friendly. it can’t heated by microwave.
For our products, if you have any questions, we will solve them unconditionally, 24 hours for you
“It takes 2 to tango!” This could be the motto of pairing: 2 for thinking, 2 for daring, 2 for learning, 2 for growing. One navigator who asks questions, challenges ideas, and anticipates the upcoming journey; one driver who generates ideas, and executes. Our universe is full of successful pairings: Chewbacca and Han Solo, Mulder and Scully, Buzz Lightyear and Woody, Lennon and McCartney, Holmes and Watson, you name it…
Pairing is a great way of encouraging various combinations of styles and perspectives, and mutually vulnerable behaviors. Through shared ownership and active collaboration, team members can practice and grow their hard and soft skills together. Pairing brings back humanity in the art of building software product and exits the super hero mindset. While becoming more humble and having more empathy towards each other, we become more comfortable sharing ideas, trying things together, and learning inside out.
Specialized literature and studies mostly promote the positive impact pairing can have on quality, knowledge sharing, individual growth, empathy, and team morale. However, the practice doesn’t have a similar positive reputation in the field: opinions about pairing among engineers are pretty mixed, and very rare in the product community.
Shyamala and Virginie, respectively Software Engineer and Product Designer at the Volkswagen Digital:Lab where pairing is a by-default working mode, want to share with you their experiences –good and bad, the best practices they discovered or validated along the way, and some tips to get you started or to improve your pairing. Whether you are engineer, designer, product manager, or team lead, we got you covered!